top of page
Terms and conditions
Term and conditions: Text
Terms and conditions:
• All repairs (except for software related and water damaged devices) come with 28 days warranty.
• Functionality tests are always carried out pre and post repair. If your screen is damaged and has no display, we are unable to carry out the pre repair functionality check. We do not accept responsibility for additional faults found on completion due to not being able to complete the pre functionality check.
• Prices are subject to change; repair quotes and time scales are estimated for the described faults only. Discovery of other damage to components during repairs will be reported to you first, if you wish for us to fix the issues extra charges and additional time to complete the repair will apply.
• No fix, no fee policy - This policy will only apply if we are unable to successfully repair your device. This policy will not apply should you deem the repair cost uneconomical, or in the event you no longer wish to proceed with the repair. Once fault finding has commenced there will be a minimal fault-finding fee starting from £20 charged to cover labour and consumables.
• Where possible genuine parts will be used. Alternatively best available quality after-market parts will be sourced.
• PLEASE ENSURE YOUR DATA IS BACKED UP! WE DO NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR DATA LOSS
• Uncollected devices – we will store devices for a maximum of 3 months. Uncollected devices after this time will be either sold, stripped for parts or disposed of to recover any possible cost incurred.
• Warranty claims - if you have an issue with a repair, you must notify us prior to your warranty expiry date. Supporting evidence must be provided ie photos/video prior to your warranty expiry date. Evidence of your device being opened by anyone other than a smarttech employee after your original repairs WILL invalidate any warranty provided by smarttech repairs.
• Manufacturer's serialisation of parts - Due to manufacturer’s serialising parts to the device’s motherboard, your repair may cause warning messages or a loss of functionality. Apple devices -may have a “unable to verify genuine screen” message (iPhone 11 upwards). Unable to verify genuine battery & loss of battery health display (iPhone XR upwards). Samsung loss of finger print sensor after screen replacement (A50 & A70 series). These are the most commonly known issues but not all. We will always advise on known serialisation issues, however due to constant evolving technologies we may not know about new or upcoming changes.
Term and conditions: Text
bottom of page